The MEETUP-groups – a great way to meet new people in Denmark
Would you like to practice your German and meet Germans living in Copenhagen? Or meet French-speakers and see the occasional French movie? Or join people interested in theater, philosophy, photography, start-ups or programming?
The social platform “Meetup.com” has been a popular place to plan activities in real life, for expats and Danes in Copenhagen (and around the world). Groups are open and free to join (charges apply to those administering the groups). You simply create a basic profile at meetup.com, join the groups you are interested in, et voilà, you get invitations to future events.
Here is my own list of the best 10 Meetup groups in Copenhagen for expats and Danes
- The Copenhagen SOSO Monthly Cocktail Social Club Meetup Grp – or just called Soso, it normally includes a free welcome drink for early arrivals
- The Copenhagen Adventure Group – organizes many outdoor activities
- Photo-cph – for photographers of all levels that meet at photogenic events!
- German-speaking Community in Copenhagen – friendly and welcoming group, as the name indicates, German is spoken!
- Les Francophones de Copenhague – French spoken by natives and foreigners. Cultural and social events.
- Young Internationals – Copenhagen – popular, social events for expats in the 20’ies and 30’ies.
- Live, love, laugh Copenhagen – fast growing group with many social activities, often with a “softer” touch.
- The Friends Project: Copenhagen – a woman-only group that does frequent social activities.
- The Copenhagen Danish Language Speaking Meetup Group – if you would like to practice your Danish skills then this is the group for you.
- The British Expat Meetup Group in Copenhagen – pubquiz and other events, often involving a pint or two.
Other open social network sites worth checking out when expatting in Copenhagen are internations.org and wybra.com