On this tour we will explore all the main sights of central Copenhagen. We will explore the medieval part of town, as well as the the northern part where we’ll see such thing as Amalienborg where the queen lives, the Marble church, the iconic Nyhavn (New Harbour), the Gefion fountain and the little Mermaid.
On a more thematic level, we will explore the origins of Copenhagen, the era of the powerful kings, the reformation, the development of democracy, the harbour and not least the modern life as it takes place in this old city, be it architectural high-lights or the biking culture.
- Slotsholmen – the “birthplace of Copenhagen” with the Royal Library, Christiansborg (the Danish parliament) and more
- Nyhavn – ‘New Harbour’
- Amalienborg – the Queen’s castle
- Marble Church
- Copenhagen Harbour with views to the Opera, etc.
- Kongens Nytorv – ‘King’s new square’
- Strøget – at the outset in 1962 the longest pedestrian walk in the world
- Church of our Lady – Copenhagen’s most important church and the starting place of Lutheran reformation in Denmark
- Gammeltorv/Nytorv – ‘Old square/New square’ – the heart of medieval Copenhagen
- Round Tower – The 400 year old astronomical observatory (from the outside).
- Kongens Have – “King’s garden” – with Rosenbrog Slot
Lunch (or dinner if late tour), for example at a traditional Danish “smørrebrød” place
We will adjust the tour to fit your needs, and normally we find time to further explore things you like on the way (and according to weather), such as Rosenborg (crown jewels), Christiansborg Tower, the Royal reception rooms, a little shopping break or a harbour boat ride
Mode of transportation
Central Copenhagen is a city good for walking since things are close to each other, and we save the hassle of parking and getting in and out the car. If the pick up place (your hotel for example) is not in central area, we could consider taking public transportation or a taxi to reach the central area.
The tour can also be done in a private bus with a driver to make maximum use of our time to get around easily.
Six hours walking tour: 590 USD.
Six hours with private bus and driver: 1190 USD.
Lunch, entrance fees (if any), etc. are extra.
Customer appraisal for this tour
I spent a day with Jens in order to see the highlights of Copenhagen. He was a wonderful guide and introduced me not only to Copenhagen but also to the history and character of the people. He recommended a great restaurant frequented largely by locals with excellent food. He also introduced me to Copenhagen specialties that I brought back home after the trip. You will enjoy your time with Jens and learn a lot.
LINDA FISHER, Pennsylvania, USA
Please send a message to us to inquiry about times and other questions you may have. Contact.